2019 Culinary Healing Arts Initiative (CHAI)
French Chef Patrick Grosset,
chef AT Whole Health Forum '19.
The 2019 Culinary Healing Arts Initiative (CHAI) offers an opportunity to 15 English speaking budding chefs to work alongside Chef Grosset, learning from the master.
Chef Grosset will teach apprentices in the kitchen on a daily basis. Under his able leadership you will learn natural food preparation, menu planning, meal balancing, food selection, medicinal preparations and secrets of healthy, delicious meals.
- Pre-Forum reading assignments and online learning
- Teams of specifically chosen participants will work alongside Chef Grosset in fast-paced training blocks throughout the five and a half days of the Whole Health Forum, Sunday to Friday morning.
- Learn medicinal cooking for the season, climate, culture and personal needs, use of salt, oil sweeteners and water/fire.
- Health assessment will be an ongoing subject as food is prepared for specific conditions of health.
- Kitchen skills–knife handling, menu planning, kitchen management, cutting techniques, cost control, ingredients & utensils.
- Hands-on cooking assignments for both healthy and delicious food suitable to daily cooking, holiday fare, and specific conditions of health.
- 15 Kitchen Apprentices will be in the kitchen daily for 4 or 6 hour shifts, cleaning, shopping, prepping for next morning and front end management.
- Minimum participation is four days, with priority given to longer stays. Friday morning work finishes by 10 a.m.
- We welcome requests to be assigned to work shifts together with friends or acquaintances.
Cook Apprentice Program
This is the program for those who want kitchen training without the pre-Forum study program.
- All Forum programs and classes are included and available to you whenever you are not on kitchen duty.
- Overnight accommodation in a group setting on floor mattresses is provided without charge; Bring your own bedding and towels. Optional upgrade to shared cabins is available.
- The Whole Health Forum is happy to organize country wide tours with licensed international tour guides for a length of time you request. This can be either before and/or after the Forum takes place from May 6-10th.
- Insurance is not included in the program fees. You may choose to take out personal insurance for the time that you will be in Israel.