Cook Apprentice Program
MEET French Chef Patrick Grosset, OUR cook AT Whole Health Forum '18.
The Cook Apprentice Program offers an opportunity to 15 English speaking budding chefs to work alongside Chef Grosset, learning from the best.
Chef Grosset will teach apprentices in the kitchen on a daily basis. Under his able leadership you will learn natural food preparation, menu planning, meal balancing, food selection, medicinal preparations and secrets of healthy, delicious meals.
- Teams of specifically chosen participants each will work alongside Chef Grosset in fast-paced training blocks throughout the five and a half days of the Whole Health Forum, Sunday to Friday morning.
- Learn medicinal cooking for the season, climate, culture and personal needs, use of salt, oil sweeteners and water/fire.
- Health assessment will be an ongoing subject as food is prepared for specific conditions of health.
- Kitchen skills–knife handling, menu planning, kitchen management, cutting techniques, cost control, ingredients & utensils.
- Hands-on cooking assignments for both healthy and delicious food suitable to daily cooking, holiday fare, and specific conditions of health.
- 15 Kitchen Apprentices will be in the kitchen daily for 4 and 6 hour shifts, cleaning, shopping, prepping for next morning and front end management.
- Minimum participation is four days, with priority given to longer stays. Friday morning work finishes by 10 a.m.
- We welcome requests to be assigned to work shifts together with friends or acquaintances.
Cook Apprentice Program Participation
- All program participation is free and available to you whenever you are not on duty.
- All meals and snacks are included, along with any light medicinal food preparation you might require.
- Overnight accommodation in a group setting on floor mattresses is provided without charge; Bring your own bedding and towels.
- The Whole Health Forum is happy to organize country wide tours with licensed international tour guides for a length of time you request. This can be either before and/or after the Forum takes place from May 6-10th.
- Insurance is not included in the program fees. You may choose to take out personal insurance for the time that you will be in Israel.
2019 Culinary Healing Arts Initiative (CHAI)
Upon completion of the Cook Apprentice Program, you’ll be given priority for the 2019 Culinary Healing Arts Initiative with Chef Grosset. This will entail pre-assigned reading, homework and extensive cooking instruction and practice that would begin six months prior to next year’s event to properly prepare participants for a hands-on certification training program of advanced skills.